Buy a Gift Voucher
Introduction to 4 Shaft Weaving
Weave your own cloth, learning to weave
This course runs over five Fridays from 6pm to 9pm commencing Friday 12th February, 2021.
No weaving experience required! This comprehensive introductory course will guide you in the use of a 4 shaft table loom to weave your own cloth. Enjoy the satisfaction of taking yarn through to finished fabric with our tremendous teachers.
The Tutor for this Term 1 course is Ana Peditis.
Course cost includes yarn for your initial sampler and hire of a loom for the duration of the course.
Note: This course is designed in such a way that information and techniques learnt each session will be required for the next one. It is important that you can attend all the sessions and allow time for additional preparation and weaving outside class time.
Class Schedule for Term 1
Commencing Friday 12th February, 2021 from 6pm-9pm
Friday 19th February 6pm- 9pm
Friday 5th March 6pm -9pm
Friday 12th March 6pm -9pm
Friday 19th March 6pm-9pm
- How to weave your own cloth using a 4-shaft table loom and how to use related tools
- Learn the whole process: from choosing yarns and winding a warp to dressing the loom, interpreting drafts, weaving a series of simple structures and employing decorative finishing techniques
- You will produce a sampler using basic structures, and then plan and weave a simple project of your choice
- Expert skills-based tuition in handloom weaving
- Course cost includes yarn for your initial sampler and the use of a loom to take home between classes.
- A complete set of notes for class and future reference .
- Notepad, pen and pencil, scissors, ruler & tape measure, calculator, Blunt darning needle 5 cm long
- After the completion of the sampler project, you will need to provide yarn for your own project. This will be discussed during class.
- If you decide to take the loom home, please consider how you may transport it by car or on public transport. Some students find it manageable to use a small hand trolley, with straps to secure the loom
Casual and comfortable
No weaving experience required!
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
No refunds for missed classes.