Buy a Gift Voucher
SS1B- Come Dye With Me Online
dyeing, natural dyes
This is an online class via Zoom
Easy frypan and jar dyeing for colourful braids and skeins for spinning and knitting projects. Will be able to dye multiple braids for projects or spinning classes
Your tutor Jan Brown I have been an enthusiastic dyer and spinner for nearly 50 years with a background in industrial chemistry
You will require the following equipment for the class
Electric Frypan for dyeing . Possible alternative large roasting pan and heat source ,eg hot plate or even gas BBQ
For jar dyeing large dye pot with heat source and 4-6 jars that will fit in . For example ,old fowlers outfit with jars ,dye pot with jars and hot plate . Large slow cooker and jars .
A selection of landscape (or other acid dyes ) . Dyes can be mixed to extend colour range.
Kit is available to purchase in December.
- Easy dyeing in a frypan or in jars
- Quick method to dye and produce colourful braids and skeins
- How to mix dyes to extend your colour range
- A workshop with highly experienced dyer
- A selection of beautifully coloured braids and skeins for use in your next project
- A knowledge of the effects of order, saturation and hue on the results obtained
- Multiple lengths of top and or skeins and a selection of landscape or other acid dyes
- Electric Frypan or roasting pan and heat source i.e. hot plate or even gas BBQ
- Jar dyeing - large pot with heat source and 4 to 6 jars that will fit in
No experience necessary
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
No refunds for missed classes.