Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Early Bird prices finish on 1st December, 2019
Learn a variety of felting techniques that allow you to create unique pieces of jewellery from small stones held securely in place by felted fibre.
Your tutor Sue Hilton has been experimenting with wool fibre since I was at Secondary School. For the past 20years felting has been my passion. Over those years I have created mainly wearables from clothing to hats and bags. I have taken inspiration and learnt from many local and international tutors. When the fibre is transitioned into felt it takes on a life of its own which needs to be tamed like a Potter moulds the clay into a pleasing form.
- We will encase the stones you bring in wool fibres to form an organic piece of jewellery
- We will learn how to form sturdy cords
- Techniques for effective layering of colour • Secure but attractive wrapping techniques
- Students will take home their own unique piece of jewellery and the knowledge to create more complex pieces at home.
- small smooth stones • 50 grams main colour merino or corriedale tops • 20 grams of 2 other colours
- 1metre X 1 metre bubble wrap or drawer liner mat • towel • preferred soap or detergent + spray bottle • 1x1 metre netting material • sharp pointed scissors
- No material Fee
All skill levels accommodated
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
Handweavers & Spinners Guild of Victoria requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Handweavers & Spinners Guild of Victoria to organise a refund or transfer