Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Nalbinding- not knitting, not crochet !
Early Bird Bookings finish on 1st December, 2019
We will explore the ancient art of nalbinding using a traditional wooden needle and pure wool yarn (thick handspun yarn is ideal). This fascinating looping technique which predated knitting uses short lengths of yarn and produces a fabric which does not unravel. It can be used to make a hat for your favorite Viking!
Your tutor Ruth Mitchell loves to explore the ancient textile crafts and pass on those skills to keep these techniques alive. My interest in creating in the textile field has been lifelong and I thoroughly enjoy sharing that with others.
- Learn how to do nalbinding with a traditional wooden needle
- Oslo and Mamman stitch will be taught with more complex stitches for those who are very keen
- joining lengths of yarn by felting and learn how to make a hat, mitts or a small pouch
- we will learn how to nalbind
- we will start making a hat, mitts or a pouch to take home
- a set of printed notes
- Bring a pen and scissors.
- The yarn and nalbinding needle will be supplied for use on the day, not to take home. If you wish you can bring some thick handspun wool (12 ply or more) or other thick feltable yarn
- Material Fee :$20 for the nalbinding needle if you wish to take yours home
No experience required
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
Handweavers & Spinners Guild of Victoria requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Handweavers & Spinners Guild of Victoria to organise a refund or transfer