Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Early Bird prices finish on 1st December, 2019
Brioche is a knitting technique that gives a very soft, squishy fabric, useful for many projects. We will learn one- and two-colour brioche while making a pair of mitts.
Your tutor Ruth Watson learnt to knit as a child but fell in love with knitting as a young adult and have been knitting ever since. I learnt to spin later which gave me even more reason to knit.
- One-colour brioche stitch
- Two-colour brioche stitch
- How to adapt your pattern to use these
- At least one fingerless mitt knitted in brioche
- The know-how to finish a pair
- A friendly hand to guide you as you begin to master this skill
- 50 g each of 8-ply in two contrasting colours
- 3.25mm and 4mm 20 cm long double-pointed needles OR short circulars
- Material Fee $11.00 if you do not bring your own wool
Must already know how to knit, cast on, cast off, increase and decrease
Cancellations and refunds
The Guild reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient numbers. If we cancel the workshop you will be notified and will be issued with a 100% refund.
If you decide to withdraw 7 or more days prior to the workshop/course date the Guild will retain a 10% administration fee.
If you decide to withdraw less than 7 days before the workshop/course date the Guild will retain 100% of your workshop fee.
Handweavers & Spinners Guild of Victoria requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Handweavers & Spinners Guild of Victoria to organise a refund or transfer